Why Your Company Needs a Custom Webstore
If your company has employees or clients, then your company can benefit from a custom webstore.
If you have ever given employees gifts, sent branded merchandise to your clients (or prospective clients), or want to encourage your staff to use logo apparel or accessories on the job, then you can benefit from a custom webstore.
What is a Custom Webstore?
In this context, think of a custom webstore like a traditional company store, where companies can offer products with the company’s logo on them. Once the webstore is set up, and products have been selected, your employees and clients can visit the store and order the products they want. Your company will get the bill.
Why logo apparel and products?
There are many reasons to invest in the creation and distribution of logo apparel and accessories in your virtual company store. Most of all, logo apparel comes down to branding. As Forbes puts it:
A company with great branding will have an easier time getting employees to feel like they’re involved with something more than just a job. In addition to branding that can help draw in new customers, you also want to invest in the aspects of branding that keep your team motivated. This includes little things like branded apparel and merchandise, but also the look of your entire office space. If you can motivate your employees by creating a sense of unity through branding, you could end up seeing great results all around.
But that’s not all. Offering customers (even just specific customers) access to a webstore full of custom-branded merchandise can help you to retain them as well. The statistics speak for themselves:
- 2% of those receiving a promotional gift will do business on some level with that company in the upcoming 12 months.
- 21% make a direct purchase after receiving a gift which is 3 times higher than t.v. ads (7%) and 4 times more than online advertising (5%).
- 84% of those receiving a promotional gift like Company Logo Clothing still recall the company’s name a year later.
And it’s not just current customers:
- More than 50% of promotional product recipients have a favorable impression of the giving company.
- Clients who receive promotional gifts are 14% more likely to generate a lead for company.
- Sales Reps who give gifts receive 22% more referrals than those that don’t.
That’s a LOT of outcome from one little webstore.
But don’t be lulled into thinking that ALL products with your brand’s name on them are created equally. Statistically, there’s a real payoff for your online company store offering high quality merchandise:
- Great gifts are a way to guarantee positive conversations about your brand and serve as frequent and favorable reminders of your company’s brand and message.
- Keep in mind, 30% of promotional products are thrown out. Why? Any hint of low quality or signs of being “cheap” can cause major damage to a Company’s brand.
- Exposing your brand through Clients, Prospects and Employees is a powerful endorsement to others they come in contact with. Anyone wearing an item with a company logo is sure to speak favorably of the company.
When you set up your custom webstore, remember that those of us that use it–your employees, your clients, your referrers of future business–will connect your brand to the products you carry, just like they would in an on-site company store.
Why a webstore?
The benefits of a company store are clear but why would you choose a webstore over setting up a shop in your building?
“That’s a great shirt–do you have it in an extra small?”
An online company store for your employees or clients can offer you flexibility that in-person stores cannot. A webstore, set up on the right platform, can allow you to hand select the products you want to make available (which will help control both costs and branding), but can do so without requiring you to stock merchandise, manage distribution, or guess the needed sizes. It’s even easier than passing (or emailing) a spreadsheet to solicit sizes and colors of apparel or gear–no more waiting for responses, no more trying to place a complex order with a supplier. Instead, you can simply email a link to your webstore, and let the employees or clients do the selecting and order placing for themselves, even if they work remotely. Then the vendor will ship the products directly to your business or to the orderers themselves.
If your company has employees or clients, then your company needs a custom webstore.